Breaking News

Confession: Lagos State Government Invited Us - Army

Confession: Army says LSG invited them
The Nigerian Defence Headquarters has finally confessed that they were called upon by the Lagos State Government to condone off the Lekki Toll Gate after being occupied by protesters on Tuesday last week, says it was only been invited to maintain peace due to the curfew imposed by the State Governor, Sanwolu due to unrests in the state.

According to the cable news, the Soldiers accepted the fact some of their men was at the arena but never opened fire on the protesters. 

Many had condemned the actions of the Soldiers on Tuesday last week and called for the arrests and prosecutions of the perpetrators. Even the International Community has threatened to issue a travel ban to them if they are not been brought to book.

According to the statement: “The attention of Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army has been drawn to a viral video on social media in which it was alleged that civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza. This allegation is untrue, unfounded, and aimed at causing anarchy in the country. 

 “At no time did soldiers of the Nigerian Army open fire on any civilian. From the onset of the #ENDSARS protest, there was no time personnel of 81 Division Nigerian Army Lagos were involved. 

 “However, the decision to call in the military was taken by the Lagos State Government (LASG) after a 24- hour curfew was imposed. 

 “This was as a result of the violence which led to several police stations being burnt, policemen killed, suspects in police custody released and weapons carted away.

“The situation was fast degenerating into anarchy. It was at this point that LASG requested for the military to intervene in order to restore normalcy. 

 “The intervention of the military followed all laid down procedures for Internal Security operations and all the soldiers involved acted within the confines of the Rules of Engagement (ROE) for Internal Security operations. 

 “Finally, Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army reiterates Nigerian Army in the discharge of its constitutional responsibilities did not shoot at any civilian as there is glaring and convincing evidence to attest to this fact. 

 “This allegation is the handwork of mischief-makers who will stop at nothing to tarnish the image of the Nigerian Army. The general public is hereby enjoined to discountenance this allegation as there is no iota of truth therein.” It read.

No comments